I’m an experienced UX / product design leader with a passion for developing big ideas and then working with a team to make them a reality. I lead by inspiring people and encouraging collaboration to arrive at the best solutions. I have an extensive background in directing design and engineering teams to develop large-scale, web-based applications for desktop and mobile.
- Managed a team of UX designers, product managers, and creative designers partnered with marketing and engineering to implement agile processes, tools, and methodologies for gathering qualitative and quantitative product usage.
- Led the product design and development of the Flite creative management platform — a set of web applications for designing ads, trafficking and managing ad campaigns, and reporting on them.
- Successfully launched a suite of ready-made ad products for customers to easily incorporate their creative with powerful platform features.
- Directed the product innovation for Velocity, an industry-first vertical video ad builder designed for marketers to easily produce video for Snapchat, Instagram, and Facebook.
Director of User Experience Design at Widgetbox
May 2006 – February 2011
- Effectively managed a team of user experience designers responsible for product design, UX mockups, along with visual and interface design.
- Coordinated the efforts across multiple products with product marketing and engineering. Instrumental in the successful growth of the Widgetbox web widget product offering as well as the release of the Widgetbox Mobile web app product.
Lead Interaction Designer at Digitas
February 2005 – February 2006
- Responsible for the interaction design and strategy components for a variety of retail and community-based projects.
- Lead architected the product website and upgrade advisor tools for Microsoft Windows Vista.
- Helped Safeway improve their online grocery shopping experience.
- Designed the kiosk user experience for Sephora’s Beauty Insider loyalty program.
Sr. User Experience Designer at Vignette
May 2001 – November 2004
- Conceptualized, designed, and developed a comprehensive set of UI mockups for an entire enterprise-class application as well as core components found in the portal suite.
- Responsible for five major releases of the Vignette Builder product which included reviewing and collaborating on functional requirements, producing UX specifications, and participating in quality assurance.
Interface Developer, Production Coordinator at Sapient
November 1998 – February 2000
- Responsible for the production of interface assets, branding guidelines as well as coordinating the design of web sites and assigning tasks to the development team.
- Integral to the success on projects for Caterpillar, UPS, Janus, VitaminShoppe, Sallie Mae, and First Union.
- Introduced the team to new tools and workflow solutions, which benefited the overall development.
UX / product design
HTML / CSS / JS
responsive web design
Art Institute of Atlanta
Associates, Visual Communications
The Creative Director Role (As We Know It) Will Not Exist in 10 Years
Adobe Creative Suite 2 How-Tos
Adobe Press 2005
CreativePro.com 2001 – 2004